Re: automatically configuring carp(4)

 > By the way, I noticed the MAC address of the only CARP virtual
 interface I've set up so far is 00:00:5e:00:01:01, which according to

   http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/oui.txt

 belongs to USC INFORMATION SCIENCES INST.  Do all the CARP MACs
 NetBSD generates belong to that vendor?

I think so, yes. Mine are also in the 00:00:5e range.

If there's more than one CARP group in a broadcast domain do they check with each other to ensure they don't attempt to use the same MAC address?

Ray