Re: NFS

On Sat 06 Jun 2009 at 13:58:58 -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> It all sounds like a cop-out though -- the NFS client code shouldn't
> really be trying to figure out whether a signal is a termination signal
> or not.

In general, it would be nice to have different kinds of interrupt
signals. When running a make, or some script: do you want to terminate
the currently running program only and continue with the next, or stop
the entire script? Or do you want to continue the current program but
abort the script after it finishes? All these situations occur.
(AmigaDOS had ^C, ^D, ^E and ^F, which processes could distinguish,
although they hardly ever did. I think the script processor used ^D to
terminate the script in between programs).

>                                               Greg A. Woods
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.