Re: NFS

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 07:02:12PM +0300, Jukka Marin wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 04:52:53PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > Did you mount with '-o intr' ? If not, it's expected that a process
> > trying to access a unaccessible NFS mount is unkillable.
>
> I'm using -i but it doesn't seem to help (too much).

I personally don't think that this is a good idea. I e.g. don't want an
editor to get an error if the NFS server is unreachable and throw away
an hours worth of changes as result.

The "hanging NFS mount" feature was designed so that applications
don't have to deal with such problems. And most of them don't.

        Kind regards