Re: 5.0RC4: wscons vs X conflict

2009/4/27 Rafal Boni <>:
> If the card you're using is a Rage 128

It is -- at least according to the Xorg log file (I don't want to open
the case to confirm that).

> radeon driver still needs looking at, it restores the console mode OK, but
> the font is a very dark gray making it appear as if the screen is blank as
> well.

This is what I now see with the *R128* driver from the 5.0 release: I
can switch to console mode and back to the X screen. The X screen
appears to be ok, but the text console is very dark. I can hardly see
the characters when it turn up brightness and contrast as far as

Kind regards