Re: Firefox segfaults

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 02:39:19PM -0700, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> I've never had any luck with native builds of firefox3 or seamonkey
> under my NetBSD-3.1_STABLE i386 machine -- they seem to work fine for
> a few minutes, and then appear to get stuck resolving DNS.
>
> even the linux bins have trouble.  it's my understanding that the
> newer builds of firefox3 are built against linux userlands running on
> 2.6-series kernels, which NetBSD doesn't emulate in 3.1_STABLE.
>
> I'm in the process of updating an i386 machine at home to the NetBSD-5
> branch with modular xorg from pkgsrc, in order to test native firefox
> builds there.

NetBSD-5 machine is up and running, firefox 3 compiled, and still has
the same problems -- it appears to hang on DNS lookups.  I haven't tried
seamonkey yet.

does anybody have any success reports with firefox (any version) under
NetBSD-5?  does -current emulate linux 2.6 yet?

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost