Re: Firefox segfaults

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 11:48:06AM +0200, Gérald Gounot wrote:
> Why didn't you install firefox3? Have you tried to install it?

I've never had any luck with native builds of firefox3 or seamonkey
under my NetBSD-3.1_STABLE i386 machine -- they seem to work fine for a
few minutes, and then appear to get stuck resolving DNS.

even the linux bins have trouble.  it's my understanding that the newer
builds of firefox3 are built against linux userlands running on
2.6-series kernels, which NetBSD doesn't emulate in 3.1_STABLE.

I'm in the process of updating an i386 machine at home to the NetBSD-5
branch with modular xorg from pkgsrc, in order to test native firefox
builds there.

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost