Re: Filesystem full? I've got 4.2TB free!

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009, Simon Burge wrote:
Stephen Borrill wrote:

Sorry, that's not true, I miscounted lines. The problem is actually that=20
the ffs_hashalloc() call in ffs_alloc() is returning 0.

I recall finding a 32-bit overflow problem in the block allocation code last
year some time...  I wonder if you're not hitting some similar problem.

Yes, I am. Using gdb and single step rump_ffs, I found the offending lines. I've commited a fix to -current and a pullup has been submitted for netbsd-5. It will not make 5.0 though, so if anyone requires >2TB filesystems it will be best to use a 5.0_STABLE kernel once the fix has gone in.

In the meantime the patch can be found at:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/sborrill/ffs_alloc.diff

--
Stephen