Re: 5.0RC4: wscons vs X conflict

Hello Ingolf,

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 11:12:38AM +0200, Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
> However, when I stop the server or try to change consoles (for
> instance via Ctrl-Alt-F1), the screen turns just black and remains so
> even when I switch back to the X virtual console.
> [...]
> Any ideas what could have gone wrong?
I have a similar problem, when I try to change console the screen (but
not X11 screen) turns very dark (if I recall correctly a PR was opened
and that's a radeon(4) and x11/xf86-video-ati problem (I had it with
modular too)).

If you have a radeon(4) or ATI cards probably these two PRs will help:

 o [xsrc/40149]
 o [xsrc/40322]

In the latter there are also various workarounds though I should read
them more deeply and try them.

Ciao, Leonardo
 Leonardo Taccari | Peace, love and NetBSD. |