Re: NetBSD on Dell Mini 12 ? (dmesg)

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:16:14PM +0100, dieter roelants wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:51:31 +0100
> Geert Hendrickx <ghen%telenet.be@localhost> wrote:
>
> > I'm also having trouble getting X configured.  With no (or a generated)
> > xorg.conf, I get "(EE) VESA(0): No matching modes", and X dies with
> > "(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration".  If I
> > manually specify the mode (1280x800) and the "vga" driver, X will start
> > without complaining, but the screen just goes black.  Ctrl-Alt-
> > Backspace works to bring me back to the console.
>
> Do you have any clients running? ISTR the default background in X changed
> from the typical snow to completely black.

Only for xorg from pkgsrc.  When I startup /usr/X11R7/bin/X with the wrong
resolution, I still get distorted snow.  The black screen had no mouse
pointer either.

I googled around and found several guides explaining how to define your own
Modeline in the Monitor section (even specific for the Mini 12), however, X
keeps complaining about 1280x800: "no mode with that name".

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  ghen%telenet.be@localhost  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F