Re: How to get cd transfer speed back?

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:43:57PM +0100, Rhialto wrote:

> I don't know why the drive doesn't like the "digital" playing mode of
> cdplay, but I've never had it work properly on any drive that I tried.

There is no standard for 'digital' playing and many drives just
misbehave when confronted with something they do not expect.
It is not very suprising that the 'digital' mode rarely works
as cdplay only knows one of the possible methods.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost