Re: How to get cd transfer speed back?

Michael van Elst wrote:
rhialto%falu.nl@localhost (Rhialto) writes:

How do I get to my original transfer speed back? I tried atactl but that
failed with errors like "inapproptiate ioctl for device".

Reboot.

The driver scans the bus once when it is attached, probes the drives
and queries them for DMA capabilities.  On some errors it will
downgrade the DMA settings but it will never upgrade or reprobe
the bus.

I wonder if drvctl could be of any help in this case.

--
Mihai