Re: bad IPv6 performance to ftp.netbsd.org?

Am 23.02.2009 um 00:02 schrieb Greg Troxel:

The provider at BBN is sixxs.net

Sixxs is known to have very unreliable routes. And besides that, the guys operating it are very strange. I lost my tunnel and my subnet for a bounced mail, this was fixed and then still refuse to reactivate the account. Got native IPv6 now anyway, so I don't care. But I'd recommend switching to something like Hurricane Electric.

I get only 275 KB/s with v6 instead
of 700 KB/s with v4. From MIT I get 760 KB/s with v4 and with v6 about
800 B/s (yes, 800 bytes per second).

I only get 130 KB/s and it's no difference whether I use IPv4 or IPv6. Don't know why. But ftp.netbsd.org has always been slow for me.

--
Jonathan