Re: bad IPv6 performance to ftp.netbsd.org?

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 06:02:18PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I have systems at BBN and at MIT set up for IPv6.  The provider at BBN
> is sixxs.net, and at MIT OCCAID.  I did a cvs update -r netbsd-5 of a
> netbsd-4 tree, and it took forever, as in went nearly 24h and didn't
> finish.

What - ftp.netbsd.org or cvs.netbsd.org?

I can ftp from ftp.netbsd.org at a rate of about 150 to 180 kB/s, depending
on the client machine/location, with v6, v4 is actually 15% slower
125 kBytes/s).

I didn't check cvs.netbsd.org, but use it regularly, and afaik mostly
over IPv6.

I'd guess broken path mtu detection.

        -is