Re: problems when using usb with NetBSD

whitewolf141413%yahoo.com.cn@localhost (chenzhongying) writes:

>I know the translation to that codepage is not transparent.
>But is there any way to solve this problem?
>Can you give me some advice?

Someone needs to write the code to handle other character sets.

>And "The current msdos filesystem code in NetBSD supports only the fixed
>codepage 437."   Is there something about that from offcial?

See the source:

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/fs/msdosfs/msdosfs_conv.c?rev=1.5&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN

in particular the unix2dos and dos2unix tables that do the latin-1 vs cp437
translation.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost