Re: problems when using usb with NetBSD

Petar Bogdanovic-6 wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 11:14:16AM +0800, chenzhongying wrote:
> Did you mount the filesystem on NetBSD with `mount_msdos -l'?
>

> From the wikipedia FAT-article:
>
>       Max filename size:
>
>          8.3 filename, or 255 UTF-16 characters when using LFN (long file
> names)
>

> From man mount_msdos:
>
>       -l      Force listing and generation of Win'95 long filenames and
>               separate creation/modification/access dates.
>
>               If neither -s nor -l are given, mount_msdos searches the
>               root directory of the filesystem to be mounted for any
>               existing Win'95 long filenames.  If the filesystem is not
>               empty and no such entries are found, -s is the default.
>               Otherwise -l is assumed.
>

> HTH,
>

>    Petar Bogdanovic

Thank you for your reply.
yes!I  mounted the filesystem on NetBSD with `mount_msdos -l'.
But when I create the file with "c program" or "java program",the result is
the same.
The file name can't be displayed.The file name is lousy code.
I want something like "#mount_vfat -o iocharset=euc-jp,codepage=932" on
linux.
But  there are no args like "iocharset" or"codepage" on netbsd  for
"mount_msdos".
So, I want find another way to resolve the problem.