Re: UPS Advice

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:12:33AM -0500, Rafal Boni wrote:
> I'll second the recommendation for APC; I think even their consumer-grade
> stuff is decent.

ugen0: American Power Conversion Back-UPS CS 650 FW:817.v4.I USB FW:v4, rev
1.10/0.06, addr 2

This is a consumer product (it came with my Dell peecee as an option) and
it is perfectly supported by pkgsrc/sysutils/ups-nut (newhidups driver).

This one is 650 VA but there is a 1000 VA one in the same series.  Most of
their higher-end products speak the same protocol though, IIRC.

You can check http://www.networkupstools.org/compat/dev.html for a list of
supported devices.

I have no (significant) experience with sysutils/apcupsd.

        Geert