Re: netbsd on a msi wind notebook

Mark Kirby-3 wrote:
> I've seen a few emails asking about NetBSD on msi winds, so as i just
> bought one i thought i'd  let the dmesg junkies have a fix.
> What  works:
>   Suspend/Resume
>   Power on/off
>   Wired network interface
>   Bluetooth
> What doesnt work:
>   Wireless
>   Lid switch (doesnt generate events on current)
>   Web Cam (havent really looked into this)
>   Audio (i have never got the azalia driver to output sound on NetBSD)
>   DRI

I'm running FreeBSD on mine and for the wireless I got a Gigabyte GN-WI01GT
MINI PCI Express Card from eBay for about 15 euros and substituted the
pre-installed one - works perfectly.

Only problem is I can get Resume from sleep to work, I tried the FreeBSD
ACPI list for help but no response yet.
If anyone has any ideas why it works on NetBSD but not FreeBSD I'd be

Sent from the netbsd-users mailing list archive at