Re: consolidate phone, sidekick and broadband card to one device

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> The phone has a menu popup at same time to choose PC Suite, file sharing,
> mass storage, and Connect PC to Net.
>
> When I choose Connect PC to Net I don't see any kernel messages. No dmesg
> changes.

Well I should have chose "PC Suite" instead. Now on NetBSD 4.0 I see:

umodem0 at uhub2 port 1 configuration 1 interface 10
umodem0: Nokia Nokia E71, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2, iclass 2/2
umodem0: data interface 11, has no CM over data, has break
umodem0: status change notification available
ucom0 at umodem0

Now I need to figure out the PPP script to use. I see various when
searching google.

For what it is worth, I had taken a SIM out of my dead phone (that had
been cleaned in a washing machine). So I need to contact my provider to
activate data service and get details. (The Nokia e71 already works as
phone and even browsing web -- but I am probably getting billed something
extra for that since I don't have any contract for it. I am currently
using AT&T was Cingular so if anyone has suggestions ...)

Once I get it working I will get this documented.