Re: NetBSD and ASUS's EeeBox

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Joel CARNAT wrote:

Le Sam 6 septembre 2008 14:08, Anders Lindgren a écrit :
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Joel CARNAT wrote:

Well, from what I understood, the only thing that doesn't work on yours
in
WEP connection to a WLAN, right ?

No, WEP only interferes with scanning for APs in that it doesn't seem to
find the AP  unless I set the ssid and nwkey first. Sorry if that wasn't
clear. That's pretty weird behaviour; I don't know if that could somehow
be a simple side effect of the massive packet loss or if it's a separate
issue.

I still have a 32-35% constant packet loss with regular txq device
timeouts, even on a wide open WLAN. WEP itself works -- once an ssid and
nwkey has been assigned to the ath0 interface.

Going to try it with other APs tonight, but given the device errors, I
suspect it's a driver or interrupt problem.

Maybe, you can also check booting OpenBSD 4.4 or Ubuntu on USB.
To see if it's an AP or driver problem.

I just tested the eee at a friend's place, and.. whaddyaknow. It Just Works(tm), flawless, on 802.11g networks, with WPA2 and everything.

So, the issue appears to be exclusively with ath0 running in 802.11b mode. Well, that's bad I suppose, but my friend even had a spare .11g AP lying around that I could bring right home with me, so right now I am VERY pleased. :-)

Best regards,
ali:)