Re: High TLB shootdown I interrupts with wm gigabit NIC?

Matthias Scheler wrote:
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 06:59:19PM +0100, Mark Cullen wrote:
It could just be the limit of the disks I suppose, though I thought they were good to about 50MB/s.

That still requires an efficient client and server.

I don't think Samba is particular fast. And FTP client and server don't
try hard to parallelize network and disk I/O.

Please try "ttcp" or "netio".

        Kind regards

Ah. Yeah. I tried netio, server on the homeserver and client on my Windows XP SP3 desktop machine, and was seeing 116MB/s. Must be a limit of Samba / FTP or disks.

So long as I know it's *capable* of the full speed, I have nothing to worry about. I was just worried there was something wrong with the card or driver, or something.

Thank you very much for the help :)
--
Mark Cullen <mark.r.cullen%gmail.com@localhost>