Re: High TLB shootdown I interrupts with wm gigabit NIC?

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 09:21:46PM +0100, Mark Cullen wrote:
> Firstly, transfer rates are "only" about 30MB/s, both with Samba and by
> FTP. This is in both directions. This seems a bit low?

Both aren't good network benchmarks because they are limited by the
application performance, disk speed, etc..

Please use the "netio" or "ttcp" package from "pkgsrc" for network
benchmarking.

> Secondly, I have noticed that whilst idle "TLB shootdown I" (there are
> two of these, dual core, I believe this is the one for CPU #1) is next
> to nothing. It'll go up to 5 every so often and then just not register
> for the rest of the time. Whilst doing an FTP... it  goes through the roof:
[...]

What version of NetBSD are you using?

        Kind regards