Re: High TLB shootdown I interrupts with wm gigabit NIC?

Matthias Scheler wrote:
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 06:42:30PM +0100, Mark Cullen wrote:
(markie@homeserver:ttyp0)-(~)$ uname -a
NetBSD 4.0_STABLE NetBSD 4.0_STABLE (HOMESERVER.MP) #2: Sat Jul 12 14:54:54 BST 2008 amd64

NetBSD 4.0's kernel doesn't have very scalable SMP support. The high
number of TLB shootdowns is probably a side effect of that.

The good news is that SMP scalability has been improved a lot in
NetBSD-current, mostly because of Andy Doran's work.

        Kind regards

Would this have anything to do with it hitting a brick wall at 30MB/s? I don't even know what this TLB shootdown thing is, I just though may be it would be related to the "slow" speeds I am seeing.

It could just be the limit of the disks I suppose, though I thought they were good to about 50MB/s.

I'm not comfortable running -current really. I'd like to have it just sit there and work for another few years, as with the previous hardware / install (3.1) :)

Mark Cullen <>