Re: More partitioning woes via disklabel

Patrick Welche wrote:

Oh well - I would have guessed "use FFSv2":

     -O filesystem-format
                 Select the filesystem-format
                       0    4.3BSD; This option is primarily used to build
                            root file systems that can be understood by older
                            boot ROMs.
                       1    FFSv1; normal fast-filesystem (default).
                       2    FFSv2; enhanced fast-filesystem (suited for more
                            than 1 Terabyte capacity, access control lists).

I suspect that making use of FFSv2 probably would have helped me out quite a bit. Now I wish I'd caught that at the time... Oh well, now I know for next time ;) Thanks for brining that to my attention.

eRacks Open Source Systems