Re: GPL version 4

Hi Miod,

Most of the people who have replied seem to be missing the point.

In addition to the announcement of the GPLv4, I was trying to discuss
another point.

The Free Software Foundation and their mission ("Since 1985 we've been
fighting for essential freedoms of computer users", please see
http://www.fsf.org) are not in line with their GPLv3.

I see with pain in my heart that the GPLv3 doesn't actually give the
users of GPLv3 software the liberty and freedom the FSF has been
fighting for. Instead they are forced to play by the strict set of
terms the GPLv3 provides.

For example, as a liberated computer user, I might like to incorporate
a high quality piece of GPLv3 software in a commercial product,
which for bussiness strategic reasons happens to be closed source software.
But the GPLv3 denies my claim for this freedom to do this.

I fail to see how that strengthens me in a Free and Liberal Software World.

With kind regards,
M.H.

=