Re: Manually creating slices

John Nemeth wrote:
On Nov 29,  9:38am, James Colannino wrote:
} John Nemeth wrote:
} } > Ultimately the solution to all these problems is GPT. However,
} > I don't know if your BIOS supports booting from a GPT disk.  See
} > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table for more
} > information.
} } I'll have to look into that. I've used GPT in the past on Linux, but } that was with non-bootable partitions, so the BIOS wasn't an issue. Are } there GPT-capable tools in NetBSD (assuming I can boot from it)? The
     gpt(8) for dealing with the partition table.  Then you create
wedges to represent the partitions (see 'man dkctl').

I've run into a problem with gpt. I installed NetBSD on another hard drive, since the install CD doesn't appear to have either dkctl or gpt, and when I try to run gpt on ld0, I get the following errors:

#gpt create -f ld0

gpt: unable to open device 'rld0d': no such file or directory

I tried opening ld0 with fdisk (#fdisk ld0), and it works just fine. Am I missing something?

I know I'll get this eventually ;)  Thanks again.

James
--
eRacks Open Source Systems
http://www.eracks.com/