Fwd: PLEASE HELP! mail not working :(

Dear all,

I hate to say it, but e-mail is actually NOT working. I can GET e-mails - but
how do I SEND them?

In my .muttrc the line

set sendmail="/usr/sbin/postfix -U myaddress%somewhere.net@localhost -P
mysecretpassword -d somewhere.net -f myaddress%somewhere.net@localhost"

does not work.

NetBSD complains that postfix is reserved for the superuser and that it does
not know the options -U and -P.

What line should I use instead?

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

OPINIONATED OFFTOPIC RANT, YOU CAN OMIT THIS:
As a general comment - indeed I am angry, so if this is opinionated, please
forgive me - I think this situation is totally inacceptable. I want to evaluate
NetBSD SERIOUSLY, and with a friend we are time and again giving it a shot. And
we fail EVERY TIME! We are inexperienced, but by far not stupid. - When I look
at the Ubuntu guides, they actually WORK. There is a series of commands, they
are explained - if you care, understand them, if you don't, just issue them, it
will WORK. When I look at the NetBSD guide, it actually DOESN'T. Not only is
NetBSD a more complicated system to set up, it is also not documented
appropriately. The idea of documentation - in my eyes - is not "half-truths for
those who know how to do it already", but actually to let someone DO something
who has NEVER done it, and easily. With all due respect, even MS-DOS has a
better documentation. Yes, less features, but at least you know what to do with
them. It is hard to defend that "BSDs are better documen
 ted" when their documentation is not _accurate_. (I am criticising BSDs,
because I used to have a higher opinion of them - but now FreeBSD 7.0 has no
OpenOffice packages, and FreeBSD 6.3's window system is bugged, as 6.2 works
fine for me.) Even more surprising were the packages on the NetBSD 4.0 Install
CD - instead of a collection of small tools for kind of everything you might
need, there are scads of KDE, but almost everything I was looking for was
_missing_. If I use the bloat of KDE, and I actually LIKE it, then I am using
it on LINUX which has the HARDWARE SUPPORT (syncing mobile phones on NetBSD
anyone?). And KDE with all extras which make life pleasant will then need MORE
than one CD. On Linux KDE makes sense, as Linux is a bit "big" anyway. When I
want a lean system with all packages people use every day (writing documents,
converting documents into different formats [including Microsoft's], playing
media, surfing the internet, sending and receiving e-mails, chatti
 ng at least through ICQ & MSN) - then I am thinking of NetBSD, but maybe I am
wrong. Right now, I am trying very hard - but somehow, I am getting more and
more the idea that NetBSD is just a total time-waster, given that Damn Small
Linux & friends exist as well.

I must say, what applies to NetBSD does not apply to its users, so thank you
very much for your kind support. You guys are the reason why I actually don't
give it up.

Oh, by the way, did I also mention that xedit doesn't work? (The default editor
in x; it cannot load or write files.)

END OF RANT

Kind regards,

Nino