Re: Fwd: PLEASE HELP! mail not working :(

On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 11:36:55AM +0200, netbsd unix wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I hate to say it, but e-mail is actually NOT working. I can GET e-mails - but
> how do I SEND them?
>
> In my .muttrc the line
>
> set sendmail="/usr/sbin/postfix -U myaddress%somewhere.net@localhost -P
> mysecretpassword -d somewhere.net -f myaddress%somewhere.net@localhost"
>
> does not work.
>
> NetBSD complains that postfix is reserved for the superuser and that it does
> not know the options -U and -P.
>
> What line should I use instead?
>
> Thank you in advance for your kind help.

As I understand you dont want a email server you want only to fetch mail and
send mail from a local is that right?

do you have pop3 server for polling or imap?
If pop3 then you will need fetchmail and for imap you have to set in you .muttrc
spoolfile="imap://myname:mypass%myimap.mydomain@localhost/inbox"
for Sending is already on netbsd  documented but you can use msmtp.
--
Menuhin Saitov          http://www.msaitov.de