Re: suspend to RAM -- deactivate lpt with recompiling kernel?

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 16:45:05 +0000
Michael Krauss <hippodriver%gmx.net@localhost> wrote:

> Hello NetBSD users,
>
> I am running NetBSD current:
>
> frodo# uname -a
> NetBSD frodo 4.99.63 NetBSD 4.99.63 (GENERIC) #0: Wed May 28 15:16:43
> CEST 2008  root@frodo:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC i386
>
> Switching ACPI state to S3 with 'sysctl -w machdep.sleep_state=3'
> doesn't work. In /var/log/messages the following lines are showing up:
>
> Jun  7 15:16:29 frodo /netbsd: acpi0: entering state 3
> Jun  7 15:16:29 frodo /netbsd: Devices without power management
> support: lpt2
> Jun  7 15:16:29 frodo /netbsd: acpi0: aborting suspend
>
> Is there an other way to deactivate lpt2 than compiling a new kernel
> without lpt support?
> I can't find anything about it in boot(8) or boot.cfg(5).

You can disable it at boot time via 'boot -c' and

        disable lpt
        exit

It would be nice if the 'disable' could be in boot.cfg, but I don't see
a way to do that.

Alternatively, see if you can disable it via the BIOS.  My laptop does
not have a parallel port, but the device still shows up in the BIOS
config, presumably to support one in the docking station I don't have.