how to avoid net stuffups inside parallels/NetBSD

I run current inside parallels under Leopard (OSX 10.5)

Very repeatably from NetBSD pkgsrc and wip sources, I get this diagnostic on the Parallels console:

ne2 discarding oversize frame (len=1528)

I believe it relates to the virtual/bridged ethernet, and I have tried to reduce my MTU but
to no avail.

(when it happens, the ftp/cvs stalls. not dies, stalls. I can ^C out fine, and I can continue to do other things, but for that network source, I cannot fetch the data in question, it
 repeatedly does this)

any other suggestions what might stop it happening?

-George