NetBSD+avrdude+?

Hi,

I want to program atmega chips using NetBSD.  Are there good programming
cables / boards available that would work with NetBSD (and avrdude)?
USB support would be good (not all machines have serial/parallel ports
any more).

Is it possible to use parallel port programmers with NetBSD?  I installed
avrdude from pkgsrc, but no parallel port drivers are available.  I also
tried installing a newer verseion of avrdude, but it didn't help.

Thanks,

  -jm