Re: NetBSD on sd0 (memory) and CGD on wd0... success but

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 9:04 PM, Cem Kayali
<cemkayali%eticaret.com.tr@localhost> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  Thanks for your reply.
>
>  So, as far as i understand You have a base sytem o wd0a and you do not
> allow to start any services in /'wd0a'/etc/rc.d/* and then, once root
> mountpoint switches to cgd one, a script 'onestart's desired services using
> /'wd0a/etc/rc.d/* scripts.

Exactly. init switches root to new directory and there executes /etc/rc.

>  How do upgrade system? I assume, you install new userland onto cgd first,
> and then copy new/all files to wd0a --- so that you have synchronized single
> user mode and multi user mode.

Yes. After build userland on cgd system, I run in single user mode,
then copy kernel made from cgd and then reboot to new kernel. After
that I can install new userland on cgd, make sets and upgrade base
system. Only on base system I use base.tgz, etc.tgz and something
else, on cgd i'm using all tgz.

>  Does single user mode work properly?

Yes. But you are placed in base system and it's only way to upgrade kernel.

--
Daniel Horecki
http://morr.pl