Re: NetBSD on sd0 (memory) and CGD on wd0... success but

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

So, as far as i understand You have a base sytem o wd0a and you do not allow to start any services in /'wd0a'/etc/rc.d/* and then, once root mountpoint switches to cgd one, a script 'onestart's desired services using /'wd0a/etc/rc.d/* scripts.

How do upgrade system? I assume, you install new userland onto cgd first, and then copy new/all files to wd0a --- so that you have synchronized single user mode and multi user mode.

Does single user mode work properly?

Regards,
Cem

Daniel Horecki wrote:
I have similar setup, only I have everything on wd0. I have installed
base NetBSD to wd0a , created wd0e, on which I have setup cgd0. Then I
have installed/copied NetBSD to cgd0 and add init.root=/mountpoint to
/etc/sysctl.conf in base system, cgd=yes to rc.conf and had to disable
every service in base system. That's all. I think base system can be
shrink, but it takes about 150MB anyway.

Daniel