Re: Using swap though there's plenty of mem free

I already used the system without swap for some time without a problem
and it was faster, but I considered this insecure since I didn't know
what happens if the memory is full. I thought processes are killed then
or fork() fails, didn't know that a swapfile is used then. If it's
really that way, I'll just disable swap.

PS: Is it possible to use a device instead of a swap file when RAM is
full? So I do swapctl -d /dev/cgd1a, but want that to be re-enabled
when RAMs full instead of writing a file on / somewhere.

--
Jonathan