Re: Using swap though there's plenty of mem free

Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
Johnny Billquist <bqt%softjar.se@localhost> wrote:

Preemptive page-in? Wow, that would be tricky to do in a good way...

No, I mean: If there's enough free memory to load the complete swap
into the memory, do so, but keep a copy in swap in case another app
needs the memory so it can be swapped out again very fast.

Yeah, if you have enough free memory to do a page-in of everything in swap, then yes, it could be done in a way that could possibly be meaningful.

But most of the time, I would suspect that free memory would be less than what's in swap.

        Johnny