Re: ulpt0 or uscanner but same device? and using sane-backends (Canon MP150)

I think there are several separate issues:

  linux culture is to use libusb which I think uses ugen

  devices with multiple functions are perhaps not detected right.
  Perhaps the other ones are suppressed instead of being attached to
  ugen if any other devices match; I would look into this.

  NetBSD support in sane is spotty.

I have a usb scanner (two, actually) that I intend to get around to
making work and even profiling, but I haven't gotten to it.

  So I patched sane-backends-1.0.19/sanei/sanei_usb.c so NetBSD will include
  usb.h and also scan the usb devices to get the vendor and product info.
  That worked to detect it (I don't know why it doesn't use libusb for
  that.)

If you don't get this upstream, please put in pkgsrc.

Did you try 'scanimage' or 'xscanimage' instead of xsane?  They are
simpler.

It may be that uscanner behaves differently from sane-code/libusb/ugen.
So I'd try to get ugen going.