Re: ulpt0 or uscanner but same device? and using sane-backends (Canon MP150)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:16:06 -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Does anyone use xsane on NetBSD using USB?
> Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this further?

I have successfully used an Agfa Snapscan e20 USB scanner with xsane and
NetBSD 4.0.
I think that out of the box the scanner was recognized as /dev/uscanner0
but I was unable to use it (xsane, scanimage). I remember that I had to
comment the uscanner line in the kernel and rebuild it. Then the scanner
was recognized as /dev/ugen0 and I could use it with xsane.
But the Snapscan e20 is merely scanner, no scannaer+ printer combo...