Re: Freezing with ATI Radeon 9800 (NetBSD/amd64 4.0)

Alex Hanson wrote:
I have come to a rather startling conclusion:

The graphics card works fine if a keyboard is plugged into the PS/2 port.
[...]
Any ideas? Thanks for the help I have already received.
Hmm, I would tell you that the radeon(4) driver has some problem, hardware related. Most of the the radeon driver is RE work, and the driver does not support well ACPI (which is enabled by default with 4.0, IIRC).

Could you try these options (in driver section)?

Option "NoAccel" "true" # For testing purpose, will disable HW acceleration
Option "VGAAccess" "false" # proper resume of console when in VGA mode
Option "BusType" "PCI"  # Force card to PCI mode (according to dmesg(2))

See if one these changes anything.

Cheers,

--
Jean-Yves Migeon