Re: Freezing with ATI Radeon 9800 (NetBSD/amd64 4.0)

Alex Hanson wrote:
Alex Hanson <alex <at> alexhanson.org> writes:
I don't know if the problem is hardware or software. Windows seems to work fine with the card, although it too has malfunctioned a couple times where the screen would turn black when it tried to switch from BIOS-enabled VGA to my actual driver.
Had almost the same issue with a radeon mobility 9600.

Try disabling agp fast write and see if it changes anything:

Section "Device"
   Identifier  "Radeon"
   Driver      "radeon"
   Option      "AGPFastWrite" "false"
EndSection

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jean-yves.migeon%espci.fr@localhost

"As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should
and this we should do freely and generously."
B. Franklin