Re: unconfigured generic ATI VGA card?

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:14:52 -0500, "Michael Lorenz"
<> said:
> >> vga(4) actually drives the ISA interface.  On the Soekris, the ISA
> >> registers for the VGA aren't mapped to anything.
> >
> > hmmm ... are there variants of the vga driver which uses the PCI
> > registers?
> > (assuming I understood what you meant)
> Radeonfb should be able to deal with that.

OK, assuming I can build a kernel with the radeonfb driver included, how
would I go about getting a console running on that?  ... or would it
magically Just Work?

Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally                                                left