Re: Change MAC address in 4.0?

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 05:57:58PM -0500, Steven Sartorius wrote:

> Don't know why I couldn't pull an address though, maybe Verizon is looking
> for more than the basic dhclient configuration I'm supplying...

Maybe you need `dhcp-client-identifier' (man dhclient.conf) as well?

Have you tried tcpdump-ing the (working) dhcp-session? If you have a
host with two nics I assume you could use bridge(4). Or you could simply
run your own dhcpd, turn on the router provided by Verizon, wait for the
DHCPDISCOVER and play along..