Re: Problems with uplcom/ucom

Giles Lean <giles.lean%pobox.com@localhost> said;

but I've seen problems on
both NetBSD and OS/X so I don't rush to conclude that there's any driver
problem in NetBSD.

USB converted serial I/O behaves differently from pure HW serial I/O in
timing wise; that's, how bit pattern is generated, transfered and
recognized to reproduce character stream illusion.  USB serial involves
larger and variable delay amount compared to real HW serial operation,
I guess.  It might end up with "protocol error" for a particular implementation
of serial application.  That's just my impression without hand-on proof by
measuring high precision instruments.

Toru Nishimura / ALKYL Technology