usb ethernet gadet

Hi,
I'm currently playing with the linux usb gadget stuff,
and I noticed that the ethernet usb device is not recognized on 4.0.
It identifies itself as: port 2 addr 3: full speed, self powered, config 1, RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget(0xa4a2), Linux 2.6.21.5/at91_udc(0x0525), rev 2.13

Does anyone knows if this only needs a descriptor somewhere and matches an existing device or a port of some kind from some other BSD?

What are the rules if the linux driver would be rewritten (can I look at it or is that already tainting the code?)

Has netbsd anywhere a similar concept of gadget drivers (where the netbsd is the USB device)?

ta
thilo