will not write to tmp from firefox and opera after 4.0 install

Hi

I have the following problem

when i try to download files from firefox and opera (for checking)
i get the error:

firefox (firefox-linux)
/tmp/$somerandomlettersandnums could not be saved, because you cannot change the contents of that folder.

Change the folder properties and try again in a different location.

opera: (9.23)
You do not have write access to the specified directory

------

After that i thought maybe it used the
mfs system as tmp folder.
Then i tried to choose folder and found out the folder
didnt contain what was in my /tmp folder

but when using the file chooser that opera or firefox opens when choosing where to save, i would go to the root folder. /
and see all the files, however when choosing /tmp, i
found out it would go to the folder /usr/pkg/emul/linux/tmp

when looking on my other system which is upgraded over 3.1
i see no tmp folder in /usr/pkg/emul/linux/tmp
and i have no problem saving it to the /tmp folder, which is
the correct one at the root.

Questions:
----------

Why does i have a tmp folder at one system, but not the other.

What should i do with it (chmod the linux emul tmp?)

why does the file chooser show am taking the /tmp and then leading me to another tmp file, that is annoying, when i choose /tmp i expect it to be a certain tmp folder, some indication of that would be nice (call icewm folks ?)

----
both my systems are Netbsd 4.0 release, my system with working save in firefox/opera is upgraded on 3.1 the nonworking is fresh install.

uname -a of nonworking
NetBSD dhcppc3 4.0_STABLE NetBSD 4.0_STABLE (GENERIC.apm.soun
ri Jan  4 20:51:20 CET 2008  run@dhcppc3:/usr/src/sys/arch/i3
apm.sound.scroll.4_0 i386

Qps: should i use send-pr ?

regards cognacc