Re: named problem (evbarm)

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 11:34:22AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 12:50:53PM -0800, John Nemeth wrote:
> >      "evbarm" is most likely a ${MACHINE}, not a ${MACHINE_ARCH}.  You
> > probably want $MACHINE_ARCH} == "arm".
>
> Yes, and mips should be fixed the same way.
>
> >      Off the top of my head, I don't think there are any other apps in
> > base that use libpthread.
>
> There aren't, AFAIK.
>
> I start thinking that we should invert the condition and only build named
> with threads on archs where we do know it realy works (i386 and amd64?).
> [This is only on the netbsd-4 branch, of course, and only untill the fixsa
> branch has been merged]

My concern is that this doesn't help fixsa actually converge. It may be
the right thing to do for a production system, but "it doesn't work"
doesn't help us figure out if we fixed it. :-)

One of the issues I'm running into in fixsa is that I don't have a list of
discrete problems to solve, which makes it difficult to know how things
are going. :-)

I'd like to root-cause this issue more. Jukka, would it be possible to
try the wrstuden-fixsa branch? Right now it's updated to 4.0RC3 I think,
and I want to get it up to release soon. All you need is a new kernel and
a new libpthread.

Take care,

Bill