Re: Supported graphics (in HEAD)

On Mon, 9 May 2022, Robert Elz wrote:

Since my dream of using just the integrated graphics as dumb
frame buffer and driving 3 monitors from it has been heartlessly
crushed, I am going to get 4 GPUs, and the use whichever one
works best

Well, you can sort-of get a dumb framebuffer-like effect if you
turn off any acceleration. For the "modesetting" Xorg driver (for newdrm):

```
Section "Device"
    Identifier "Card0"
    Driver "modesetting"
    Option "AccelMethod" "none"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Screen0"
    Option "Accel" "off"	# prob. unnecessary for "modesetting"
EndSection
```

The RANDR extension should still work, I think.
Of course this assumes that your DRMKMS is mostly functional...

-RVP