Re: Supported graphics (in HEAD)

Robert Elz <kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost> writes:

> Any advice?

Well, in my experience, nvidia is probably something you only want if
you have lots of RAM in your workstation.  In HEAD, there's a lot of
memory leaking going on - every change to the image on the monitor leaks
kmem-04096 items, and on my 1920x1080 monitor, watching a youtube video
in firefox leaks 2-300 of those per second.

Of course, I only notice because I have a mere 4 GiB of RAM in this
workstation, which is more than plenty for the first couple of hours of
work (firefox and a few terminal windows, using the browser as little as
possible, and completely avoiding video), but demands a daily reboot.

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay