Re: earmv7hf test status, specifically utimensat

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 11:22:03AM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> At the very least, an atime update should never drive an I/O.

Indeed.

>  Atime updates should update in-memory and *shrug*.  If you want to
>  update the atime on stable storage when updating some other attribute,
>  so be it... and I suppose it wouldn't be too terrible to push out a
>  dirty atime when the vnode is reclaimed, but it's still unnecessary
>  write I/O for what might otherwise a read-only workload.

I dimly remember part of my issues were with /dev on the noatime file
system - so maybe we should just update atime in the vnode cache, but
just don't write it back if mounted noatime. And maybe lock dev vnodes
and never reclaim them - there can't be *that* much of them (if you
have ptyfs mounted).

Martin