Re: "bootinfo too big" netbooting amd64-8.0_BETA?

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018, Paul Goyette wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Jan 2018, John D. Baker wrote:
>
> > What sort of things are telltales of breakage possibly caused by the
> > increased BTINFO_MAX?
>
> Was looking mostly for indications that the increased table size would
> end up stomping on something else, with more-or-less unpredictable
> results.  Since that hasn't happened, I'm guessing that this change
> is fairly safe.

I've not tried a pathological case of having lots of modules pushed by
the bootloader.  The verbosity modules are the only ones I care about
at that point and anything else is either built in or loaded on demand.

What are all those calls with type 4 and type 0 that preceed the first
module load message?  The pair immediately before each message seems to
correspond with the module being loaded, but there are as many before
that as there are modules to be loaded.  That seems suspicious to me.

> If not, we can always revert it!  :)

I double-checked my amd64/i386 kernels and none elide "options
SCSIVERBOSE", so that module is built in courtesy of the included GENERIC
config.  Thus for me the quick fix is to not load the scsiverbose module
via the bootloader.  I have updated the relevant "boot.cfg" files
accordingly.