Re: "bootinfo too big" netbooting amd64-8.0_BETA?

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018, Paul Goyette wrote:
> Hmmm.  Can you provide the [module load messages] segment?
>
> I'm not too familiar with the boot mechanism, but it is possible that
> changes in modules' "require" lists could be resulting in more info
> being stuffed into the bootinfo structure.  Did it generate messages
> for _all_ modules specified in boot.cfg ?

As the machine is normally my file server, it will probably be tomorrow
before I can arrange to capture the actual messages.  In the meantime,
the machine's "/boot.cfg" file:

# rndseed not available though PXE/NFS
#menu=Boot normally:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd
#menu=Boot single user:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd -s
#menu=Disable ACPI:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd -2
#menu=Disable ACPI and SMP:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd -12
#menu=Disable SMP:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd -1
# Hmm.  "banner=" statements are silently ignored.
banner=**********************************************
banner=* technoskunk.fur i386/amd64 diskless client *
banner=**********************************************
banner=
banner=Select one of the following options:
menu=Boot normally:boot netbsd
menu=Boot single user:boot netbsd -s
menu=Disable ACPI:boot netbsd -2
menu=Disable ACPI and SMP:boot netbsd -12
menu=Drop to boot prompt:prompt
menu=Boot normally (serial console):consdev com0;boot netbsd
menu=Disable SMP:boot netbsd -1
menu=Boot Memtest86+ v5.01:boot memtestplus
default=1
timeout=5
clear=1
load=acpiverbose
load=pciverbose
load=scsiverbose
load=usbverbose
load=miiverbose

> Also, have you tried -current to see if the same problem exists?

Not on this machine, yet.  I can arrange to test -current when I
capture the module-loading messages for 8.0_BETA.