Re: cross-compiling ARM img question

    Date:        Mon, 27 Nov 2017 22:57:43 +0000
    From:        bch <brad.harder%gmail.com@localhost>

  | It might already be honouring TMPDIR,

It doesn't.

  | The error *did* in fact say / was full,

Yes, that is why I assumed it was not actually writing to /tmp and
was trying to determine how it was writing to / ... I am just so unused
to anyone not using a mounted /tmp (of some form).

As an aside, I highly recommend not leaving /tmp on root - /tmp is very
volatile, and you *really* want to avoid the root filesys being seriously
messed up if the system crashes (incl sudden power off.)

  | but it looked like it was indicating something to do w /boot

Yes, the message could probably be more clear - at least when it fails.

kre